Danger of stroboscopic lighting
Strobe, there is frequency flicker, light changes quickly and repeatedly with time called stroboscopic, the direct feeling is that the light source is mobilized and unstable. The reason for the stroboscopic generation is that the luminaire is powered by an alternating current, and its brightness varies with the periodic variation of the alternating current.
LED lights are common sources of stroboscopic hazards. They are widely used in traffic lights, lights, etc. It seems that there is nothing wrong with ordinary people, but when the camera starts to be used as a vehicle information source, LED lights The danger of stroboscopic began to appear.
LED strobe causes interference to the car camera to collect information
Today's car camera system uses a CMOS image sensor, which is a high-definition sensor capable of reaching 100-200 megapixels. The single/binocular camera is integrated with the radar system to provide drivers with information on the speed, distance and shape of obstacles or moving objects. Autopilot is nothing more than a deep learning algorithm to analyze the information collected by the camera, and then replace the human driver to make driving behavior.、
The LEDs adjust the intensity of the light and dark with a fundamental frequency and an adjustable duty cycle. For the human eye, the LED light source is continuous, but the HDR camera captures the bright and dark properties and appears 'flashing' while watching the video. ”
In combination, when a car with an HDR camera captures LED street signs and other vehicle LED lights, there will be missing information or information errors in the screen returned from the camera. Under such circumstances, humans still dare to believe that smart mirrors are even autonomous?
How to solve the LED "blinking"?
From the current situation, to achieve a high level of automatic driving, the car is inseparable from the camera. If you do not solve the problem of LED flashing, safety should always be marked with a question mark. Suppressing and eliminating the "blinking" of LED lights is a hurdle on the road to study autonomous driving.
There are currently three ways to solve the "flicker" problem of LED lights, namely LOFIC technology, chopping technology and separate pixel technology. The principle is to ensure that at least 11ms of exposure time is required to capture a 90Hz LED pulse. The LFM (reduce or eliminate LED flicker) technology requires the camera to extend the exposure time and make it longer than the LED drive cycle without overexposure. And to maintain a certain dynamic range level, then the problem is solved.
Related Industry Knowledge
- Spotlights are used where accent lighting is re...
- Emphasis, unique environment, rich layers and r...
- Not easy to break, easy to transport, very envi...
- Created a bright space
- Good seismic performance
- Conducive to the user's vision protection and p...
- Lightweight and simple, beautiful and generous
- Better heat dissipation, less light decay and l...
- Improve the durability of the luminaire and red...
- Energy efficient, efficient and environmentally...
- Eight advantages of LED lighting
- Let the lamps at home shine as new
- LED screen freckle 2 tips
- Lighting industry terminology
- LED packaging principle
- LED lamp beads advantages
- Light color has an impact on people's health
- The main cause of LED lamp bead failure
- 0-10V dimming lighting control
- The function of furniture lamps