High-power LED lighting technology
High-brightness light-emitting diodes (LEDs) are becoming a new generation of light sources for upgrading the traditional lighting industry because of their low power consumption, long life, fast response, no stroboscopic, small size, no pollution, and easy integration. Today, with energy conservation, emission reduction and environmental protection, semiconductor lighting has become a new economic growth point. The high-power LED lighting industry has become one of the most watched industries.
It is worth noting that up to now, the upstream epitaxial chip technology has been basically mature and stereotyped, and the cheap and good LED chip has been able to meet the lighting demand. Now the pricing power is shifting and developing in the midstream packaging and downstream application terminal market. This means that who can apply the chip and manufacture long-life, high-efficiency high-power LED lighting products, who is likely to become the ultimate winner of the LED industry.
The problems of high-power LED lighting package and application are highlighted. The most important part is how to solve the heat-dissipation problem of high-power LED lighting. This is not only a technical problem in structural design and engineering applications, but also a thermal management mode. And scientific issues such as fluid mechanics. It is completely different from the existing "chip-aluminum substrate-heat-dissipating three-layer structure" high-power LED series lighting technology. We developed the "chip-heat-distribution integration (two-layer structure) integrated high-power LED lighting series lamps", in the technical route The aspect may be revolutionary and subversive, and will become a new development direction for the high-power LED lighting industry.
1. Status of high-power LED lighting products
At present, the luminous efficiency of LEDs can convert about 30% of electrical energy into light, and the remaining 70% of electrical energy is almost converted into thermal energy, which causes the temperature of the LED to rise. Because of its very small heat, low-power LEDs can be used without any heat-dissipation measures, such as instrument lights, signal lights, and small-size LCD screen backlights. However, for high-power LEDs, when applied to lighting fields such as commercial buildings, roads, tunnels, industrial and mining, etc., heat dissipation is a big problem. If the heat of the LED chip cannot be dissipated, it will accelerate the aging of the chip, light decay, color shift, and shorten the life of the LED. Therefore, the structural mode and thermal management design of high-power LED lighting systems are very important.
However, due to many factors such as structure, cost and power consumption, high-power LED lighting is difficult to adopt active heat dissipation mechanism, but only passive heat dissipation mechanism is adopted, but passive heat dissipation has greater limitations; and LED energy conversion efficiency is higher. Low, about 70% of the current conversion to heat, even if the luminous efficiency is doubled, 40% of the energy is converted into heat. In other words, it is difficult to increase the degree of heat dissipation, so in the long run, the heat dissipation problem of high-power LED lighting will be a long-standing problem.
Nowadays, the time for applying high-power LEDs to lighting has matured, and the development of efficient and natural heat-dissipating thermal management system has become a prerequisite and a key factor for the industrialization of high-power LED lighting. Therefore, a new technical route and system structure are needed to completely solve the problem of heat dissipation of high-power LED lighting.
Related Industry Knowledge
- Spotlights are used where accent lighting is re...
- Emphasis, unique environment, rich layers and r...
- Not easy to break, easy to transport, very envi...
- Created a bright space
- Good seismic performance
- Conducive to the user's vision protection and p...
- Lightweight and simple, beautiful and generous
- Better heat dissipation, less light decay and l...
- Improve the durability of the luminaire and red...
- Energy efficient, efficient and environmentally...
- Common causes and solutions for LED lamp damage
- The importance of light to photography
- High power white LED cooling and life
- Aging test plan for LED lighting products
- Three major mistakes in LED cooling
- Magic Building-Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macao Bridge
- Hong Kong International Autumn Lighting Fair
- What is the impact of the Sino-US trade war
- Different needs for LED lights in different are...
- Current status and development trend of LED